Ok, so we’re pretty excited about the prospect of Sonic The Hedgehog 4. The cheeky little teaser trailer that we showed you the other week gave us all a little feeling in the unmentionables, such was our anticipatory deficiency regarding the game, and that tingling sensation has only been multiplied by the news that Sega’s Takashi Iizuka has given an interview to Game Informer, revealing some details in the process. For those who are interested, here is a list of highlights according to some bloke off the internet (no-one seems to have a copy of the interview to scan, but let’s take their word for it, right?):
- Episode 1 is a prologue.
- Moves include: Spin Dash, Rolling Attack, homing attack and a new move yet unknown.
- Classic special stages make a return.
- Hornet Badnik. (Forget his name. Not Buzzbomber) Shown in screen shots.
- Other screenshot shows Sonic smash though a wall that becomes a bunch of checkered bricks.
- Another screenshot shows Sonic grabbing a handrail which goes across a wire. (Very Advance)XP
- No floaty LBP physics. Classic Sonic Gameplay, classic Sonic speed. Says Izuka.
- Not 3-D, but all CG pre-render.
- Gamers will get classic “try again” ending if not successful at getting all emeralds. If you get all emeralds, you get cliffhanger ending for episode 2.
According this guy, Iizuka says that ‘fans will be very pleased with the cast in Episode 2,’ after being asked about Tails and Knuckles, and also explained his reasons for including a homing attack, saying, ‘I wanted the user to enjoy an easy-to-play feeling by the attack sequence that this allows, and find the fun routes in the air.’ So Sonic fans, are you excited yet?