Usually, the Exploit:JS file infects a computer system when it is downloaded from malicious websites, opened in an unknown e-mail attachment or opened from an unknown source. The malicious Exploit:JS file can affect PDF software if you are using Adobe Acrobat 9.2, or older versions, on Windows or Mac OS X.
Steps to Prevent Infection
- Enable your computer's firewall at all times.
- Ensure your antivirus software is updated frequently.
- Keep your antivirus software on at all times and run regular scans of your computer system.
- Using caution when opening PDF documents or accepting files from file transfers.
- Use antivirus software which also blocks harmful sites when browsing the web to avoid malicious websites downloading or automatically opening malicious PDF files.
- Avoid downloading pirated software; use licensed PDF software, such as Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Limit user privileges where necessary on your computer.
- Create strong user passwords and password protect documents or important files.
- Flickr: Computer Virus