Think that you can't get good quality cheap laptops for under 150 pounds? Think again! Although you'll have to settle for a netbook rather than a full sized laptop, today's mini models offer all the functionality of their larger cousins. Here are five of the best cheap laptops currently on the market:
- Asus Eee PC 900 Linux Netboook: Eee PC has long had the reputation as an outstanding starter laptop for teens - but it's so much more than that. The slick, light weight design makes it perfect for travelling, and ideal for web surfing and basic word processing.
- Acer Aspire One Netbook: The Acer Aspire One is incredible value. It's reliable, portable and extremely functional. It features an 8.9 inch screen, an Intel GMA 950 graphics processor and 1GB of memory.
- Toshiba AC100-10U Netbook: This Anroid-powered netbook features a 10.9 inch TruBrite display, making for a pleasant browsing experience. It comes with an integrated 1.3 megapixels web camera with a built-in microphone and multi card reader.
- Packard Bell DOTS Netbook: This little Packard Bell offers all the features of other netbooks in the price range, but differentiates itself with a range of neat accessories and a stylish keyboard. The package includes a slipcase, sync kit and versatile power plug.
- Samsung N130 Netbook: The N130 is a decent network from a reliable brand. It features an Intel Atom N270 processor, a 10.1 inch screen and good battery life. At just 1.3kg, it's lightweight and portable - just what you need in a netbook.